I have over forty years of experience in supporting mentoring and providing therapy to individuals, couples, families & children; from infant/parent relationships to adolescent and adult support.
My theoretical approach is integrative, positive and based on individual needs.
My first Master's degree, M.Ed., was completed with honors, from The Erikson Institute, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois. My emphasis was on Early Childhood Development, Infant Mental Health, Child Life, Family Life, Mentoring, Family Systems Relationship-based Attachment and Developmental Milestone Loss and/or Delay.
My clinical internship was at Lincoln Park Children's Hospital, Child Life Department, where I worked closely with families whose children were hospitalized.
My second Master's degree, M.A., was acquired with honors, from St.Mary's College of California.
The emphasis and specialization was in Marriage & Family Therapy Counseling: to individuals, families, couples, and children.
My Bachelor Degree, B.A., was earned from Colorado Women's College with a focus on Education & Psychology.
My counseling & mental health experience has been blessed with a variety of experiences and opportunities that range from : The Evanston Mental Health Association, The Virginia Frank Child Development Center (where I facilitated Family Life Education and supporting attachment), The Early Childhood Mental Health Program, (where I assisted in establishing relationship triads to support toddlers, families and daycare providers in holding on to infant/toddlers in need), The San Leandro Pregnant Teen/Teen Parent Program, The San Ramon Valley Unified School District's Parent/Child Early Intervention Program.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate, # 114669.
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #114669
- Member of CAMFT & East Bay Association
- Mentor to St.Mary's College Practicum Counseling Students
- Past Member of the St. Mary's College of California Alumni Steering Committee
- Past Member of the Illinois Infant Mental Health Association
- Presented Relationship-Based Workshop Hemet School District
- Excellence in Education Award Down Syndrome Connection of the East Bay
- Child Life Educator
- Family Life Educator/ Mentor/ Home Based
- California Special Education Credential
- Published Master's Project, Reactive Attachment Disorder: Identification and Treatment A Foster Child Case Study
- Volunteer for the Mental Health Non-Profit A Home Within which provides mental health services for children who have been in the Foster Care System
- Past Volunteer therapist for the Non-Profit Amaryllis Project , One Foot Forward Foundation, providing therapy to First Mothers